Kinoo Mama ngina,

Church Growth and Chronology of Events

  • HOME
  • News
  • Church Growth and Chronology of Events

1908 : – Establishment of mission station and benefits of Evangelism in Kinoo

1962, 6th June : Laying of foundation stone by Secretary General of the
PCEA General Assembly Rev.A.D Lamont.

1965, May 2nd :– Opening of Church by Rt. Rev. Charles Muhoro Kareri the then
PCEA Moderator.

1966 :– Changed from congregation to Rungiri parish, Kiambu Presbytery

1988 : – Division of South Kiambu Presbytery into three (3) presbyteries, Githunguri, Limuru and Kikuyu.PCEA Kinoo remained in Rungiri Parish within Kikuyu Presbytery.

1995 : Curving of Kikuyu Parish into three parishes namely Kikuyu, Muguga and Rungiri Parishes.

2000 : – Subdivision of  Kikuyu Presbytery into three (3) presbyteries; Kikuyu, Muguga and Rungiri. Kinoo remains in rungiri as a parish which has 5 congregations: P.C.E.A Kinoo, Uthiru, Kihumo, Gichecheni and Dagoretti Approved Chapel.

2004, June 5th :  Kinoo Parish becomes a one congregation Parish with PCEA SGM
as it’s one congregation.

2008 : Kinoo Parish celebrates 100 years of mission and evangelism.

In 2017 : P.C.E.A Kinoo parish became two congregations: Stevenson Githii Memorial Congregation and P.C.E.A Imani congregation.

In 2018, 2nd : December – P.C.E.A Kinoo Parish celebrates 110 years of mission and evangelism.